Oromiselda

Applying for Social OR Raider?
Raider

Class/Level:
DK/Rogue, 110

Character profile link (WoW Armory):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9opD8g ... 0kVWyfPzJA

Any regularly played alts?
I have numerous lvl 100 alts around 690-700 ilvl, after progress I always like to try other classes.

Guild History

Previous guild(s) & reason to leave:
Obsessed With Glory - http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/kha ... With+Glory
Obsessed With Glory was a really amazing, but small, group of raiders that I joined during BRF farm. After we struggled our way through HFC Normal and Heroic with our small roster(finishing server #13 in HC), unfortunately, the guild soon became innactive and has remained innactive since around December 2015, with no plans announced to continue raiding in Legion.

Reason why it's Lightwalkers you have chosen to join:
I am looking for a guild to progress with through Heroic and Mythic raids in the upcoming Legion expansion.

Raiding:

If you are applying for a social membership in Lightwalkers, you don't need to fill out the "Raiding" section. Please be aware that we cannot offer you a raidspot in our core team then tho, unless we decide to open one up for recruitment and you meet the appropriate requirements. While not being taken into account for our main raid team, social members may of course take part in any flex or alt raids run by the guild.

Do you have any experience raiding Vanilla, BC, LK, Cata or MoP content at its appropriate level?
Story version:
I started playing WoW on the Bronze Dragonflight server when I was only 13 in late 2007. By the time WotLK was released I had finished Karazhan and was ready to start raiding. During WotLK I managed to clear OS, Naxx and EoE 10m+25m through pugging, just before the release of Ulduar, which I considered quite the achievement at the time. I fell behind the curve during Ulduar, but ToC allowed me to catch back up. For ICC I managed to form my own 10m guild from the people I had met pugging throughout WotLK. We had some early succes, but after some poaching from 25m guilds, it fell apart about halfway through Normal progress.
After WotLK I’ve been playing WoW on and off for random periods of time. I played during both the release of Cata and MoP and tried rushing server first level 85 and 90, falling short by less than 2 hours both times. Most of my raid experience from Cata/MoP is through LFR, with the exception of some FL and MV Normal pugging.
My longest break lasted from early ToT to late HM. I joined a casual guild, Fairytale, some time after WoD release and slowly got back into the game, once I felt ready to raid seriously again I joined Obsessed With Glory in time to gear up for HFC progress.

TL;DR version:
TBC:
Kara – 12/12
GL – 1/2

WotLK:
Naxx 10 – 13/13
Naxx 25 – 13/13
OS 10 – 4/4(Sartharion +3 drakes)
OS 25 – 4/4(Sartharion +3 drakes)
EoE 10 – 1/1
EoE 25 – 1/1
Ulduar 10 – 9/14
Ulduar 25 – 7/14
ToC 10 HM – 5/5
ToC 25 HM – 5/5
ICC 10 NM – 10/12
ICC 25 NM – 8/12
ICC 10 HM – 6/12
ICC 25 HM – 4/12
VoA 10 – 4/4
VoA 25 – 4/4
OL 10 – 1/1
OL 25 – 1/1

Cata:
FL 10 NM – 1/7

WoD:
HM NM – 7/7
HM HC – 4/7
BRF NM – 10/10
BRF HC – 10/10
HFC NM – 13/13
HFC HC – 13/13

Which are your important AddOns to use for raiding?
WA, SUF, BT, DBM, MSBT, Prat, and various other smaller addons. I customize my own UI’s for my classes. The imgur link below provides and example of my 6.2 Rogue UI.
http://imgur.com/xqOnAls

Have TS installed + mic or would install it + get one?
Yes, I have TS installed and a working microphone.

Will you be able to regularly attend our 3 weekly raids? (Monday, Thursday and Sunday 19:45-23:30 server time)
Yes.

Why did you chose the spec you have and what do you believe your class (and spec) brings to our raids?
Close to 9 years experience of playing a Rogue, aswell as most other classes, specializing in Melee DPS, going all the way back to The Burning Crusade. Haven’t yet decided on a main for Legion, although it will be a Melee DPS. Unfortunately all three Rogue specs on Beta/PTR seem very unnatractive, currently I am leaning towards playing a DPS Death Knight. I will decide on my main class before Legion is released, after I’ve had the chance to try them during the 7.0 pre-patch.

Not limited to one spec or playstyle. I’ve always believed that in order to consider yourself a good Rogue, you need to master all three specs. In case I do switch mains before Legion, I intend to carry over this mentality to whatever Melee DPS class I decide to play.

TL;DR Class choice is based on enjoyment, spec choice is based on performance.

Why do you like to raid? What do you aim for?
I am looking to become a core member of your raid team for multiple raid tiers. I am eager to get involved and take on additional roles and responsibilities as necessary, even if it means sitting out a raid to increase our chances. Plan to be heavily involved, both during and outside of raid times.

I have a real passion for raiding, obsessing endlessly over how to improve my performance is my sense of a fun game experience. This includes even the boring parts such as research on class forums, simcraft, warcraftlogs, specific boss encounters, etc..

Extra Info

Water, Gold or Cheese?
I’m Dutch, so I fear for my live if the government finds out I answer anything other than the one true answer: Cheese.

Tell us a little about the person behind the character!
As you’ve probably read, my main character is called Oromiselda(Oro for short), and it’s the name I’ve used online for nearly 9 years. Myself I am 22 years old and live in the Netherlands. Outside of gaming I also play Rugby and study International Business Management(4th year).
I like to consider myself a dedicated and involved raider, although I have also heard the word "overcompetitive" used to describe me(which I consider a compliment). I really enjoy progression raiding and for me it’s one of the most enjoyable times of the year.

What do you expect from the guild you want to join, or LW as a guild?
I am looking for a well-organized and stable guild to progress with through Heroic and Mythic raids in the upcoming Legion expansion. My primary goal is to find a guild to do challenging raid content with, if I happen to make a few new friends in that guild that would be a nice extra!

Last words:
Thank you very much for taking the time to consider my application, if there are any further questions or anything else you can contact me at: oromiselda#2196

oromiselda
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Rogue
WoW character gender: Female
WoW character level: 100

Re: Melee DPS application for Legion

Postby oromiselda » 22 Jul 2016, 02:05

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know I'm no longer looking for a guild.

I wish you best of luck in Legion!

Kind regards,
Oromiselda

Return to “Recruitment”